Create a Web Page: How do Make a Web Page
As an informational resource or document that is accessible through a web browser, a web page displays the information in different formats. Web pages commonly offer navigation to other websites or pages courtesy of hypertext links. The possibilities regarding web pages are vast. They might be retrievable through a remote web server, or they might be retrieved from only a local computer. One of the most important elements when you create web page is the use of a text editor. Sometimes, specialized software is necessary, such as CMS or a Wiki, and the web pages made from these kinds of software is dynamic. Web pages are designed based exclusively on the taste of the person who owns or creates them.
Find a Host
Finding a host is the second step taken when you make a web page. Before finding a host, start creating a webpage by picking and registering a domain name. A web host is ultra-important since it provides people with the required tools, space, and support to create a web page. There are a few options available, and the first one is a company called Website Tonight, which specializes in very easy setup for beginners who want to create a web page quickly. Another option is Powweb, which focuses on expanding sites, because they provide a limitless amount of space. Turbo-charged is another hosting option, and it is for more advanced users who already own web creation tools. Finally, the last possibility is Site Build It, a host that specializes in moneymaking sites.
· Web Host Definition: Web page that gives a simple definition of web hosting so that non tech-savvy people can understand.
· Web Hosting Tutorial: Series of links that comprise an extremely in-depth explanation of the web-hosting process.
· Best Web Hosting 2010: A series of links to the best companies that provide web hosting. Also presents an introduction to what web hosting is.
· How do I host my own website at home?: Detailed explanation for those who want to host their own website from home.
· What is Web Hosting?: Brief explanation on what a web host is, along with a suggestion.
· Web Hosting on Windows: Description of the web-hosting services that are available at the National Institutes of Health.
· Ask Web Hosting: Discusses what the core components of web-hosting are.
· Webopedia: Provides a short but concise definition of a web host.
Get an HTML Editor
An HTML editor is typically used when a person has decided to write their own HTML code. Still, the choice of exactly the right kind of HTML editor is a very important one because some, like basic programs, such as Notepad, do not come with specialized HTML editing features, which can be an impediment. There is a multitude of choice when it comes to picking an HTML editor, so it is necessary to make certain that there is clarity regarding priorities. Some features of a good HTML editor that should be sought are the following. For instance, syntax highlighting is essential since this feature creates tags that are a different color from tags. Another important feature is the FTP upload capability. This permits people to enter password, server and username and upload just-edited files to the server.
· Using HTML Editor: Very concise walkthrough of how to use an HTML editor.
· Alpha Home Page: Example of a text editor: The Alpha Text Editor. It is not free, but rather a shareware product.
· HTML Editor Tool for Instructors: Informs readers how to use an HTML editor and gives examples of its features.
· HTML Editor: Overview: Quick overview of an HTML editor with a link to a PDF file for more reading.
· Notes on the Amaya HTML Editor: Series of brief notes on the successful use of this specific HTML editor.
· Web by Design: Detailed instructions on how to create web pages with the Word 97 HTML Editor.
· University of Wisconsin KnowledgeBase: Explains specifically how to paste from Word in HTML editor.
· Using the HTML Editor: A short tutorial on how to copy and paste in the HTML editor environment.
· Text only Moodle HTML Editor: A web page which instructs the reader on how to use an HTML editor in Moodle.
Choose a Template
A template is utilized to begin the setup of any form of website. A template is employed to separate presentation from content in web design. The best way to go about choosing a template to make a web page is based on need and purpose. There are several kinds of purposes for why someone will want to use a template. A template can be for selling products on-line; displaying personal activity such as in a blog; showing family history; presenting information about an organization or a company; showing off a gallery of photos; the placement of videos on-line; the setup of a log-in section that is private in nature; or the placement of music files on-line for playback. As the years have gone by, more types of templates have become popular to accommodate different purposes. For instance, ready-made templates are available for people with insufficient technical expertise, and open-source templates exist as another option.
· Free Website Templates: Website that showcased a huge amount of free web templates to its visitors.
· Template World: Website that provides a variety of design templates to help designers create a webpage.
· DMOZ Open Directory Project: A webpage that includes a long list of links to different sites about web templates.
· Open Source Web Designs: Permits visitors to download many free web templates.
· Web Template Guide: From the University of Vermont comes a guide to using templates to create a website.
· Web Template Guidelines: From San Francisco State University comes a description of their website’s template program.
· BNL Web Template Description: Talks about the BNL web template and provides instructions on its use.
· Steve’s free web page templates: Website dedicated to giving visitors free templates for their websites. In operation since 2001.
· Web Templates Online: Site that features professional and high-quality web templates. Promises quick and easy publishing of web pages.
Publish Your Site
The final step to create a web page is publishing the actual website. There are a few choices of how to proceed. It is possible to upload files to the purchased, web-hosting server space’s root directory. The disadvantage of doing it this way is that the management of sizable file volume is bad. Another option would be to utilize an FTP client instead. An FTP client will empower a person to transfer website files easily because it will permit you to get to your hosting account instantly in the web browser itself.